User
Pass
2FA

Multiple Account Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> General Discussion
Show only staff posts
Author Message119
Metalwrath

[Mentally Stable]

(online 4 days ago)

Post Posted: 18-01-2019, 05:39:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I was considering attempting to multibox on this server for a while now. I want to use a simple two man team to farm old content and nothing more.

Now before anyone gets their panties in a twist, I was only going to use two characters (my worn out computer can barely handle any more than that anyway) and I very rarely ever PvP anyway (no seriously, I suck so badly at PvP it's almost a really bad country song waiting to be written), so going for the unfair advantage multiboxing brings that way would be lost on a newb like me anyway. I want to be able to farm lower level dungeons and raids more easily and I've been quite successful doing this on other private servers I've played on in the past.

But anyway, I put in a ticket on this to see if it was okay (the last thing I wanna do is get banned over this because I think this server and community are amazing all the way around) and the GM I spoke to said it would be okay as long as I got the characters I would be using on both accounts up to at least level 90 first.

So I did that. My slave character is currently sitting at level 93 or 94 I think. I spent the last four days perfecting all my keybindings and macros. If you get just one of those wrong your slave will go bugeyed nuts mid-fight and sometimes take off running for McDonalds or something, usually pulling half the raid in the process. Believe me on this. I've done it before.

Well I FINALLY got everything squared away and ready to log in. Right as I was putting the finishing touches on my Slave character, I got the notification that my launcher had been updated and then the server did a restart.

And.......

Now when I log in, the first character does fine until you log in on the second. When that happens the other one is immediately disconnected. My heart literally sank when I saw that. It did that when I first tried to do this when I first started on this server but that stopped when we updated to the new patch. Now it's happened again.

Is there any way around this? Or did I just waste the last week of my life setting up for something that I cannot do here anymore?

0 0

bakubakuForum

[Mentally Stable]

(online 4 hours ago)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 18-01-2019, 13:09:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Metalwrath wrote:

Now when I log in, the first character does fine until you log in on the second. When that happens the other one is immediately disconnected. My heart literally sank when I saw that. It did that when I first tried to do this when I first started on this server but that stopped when we updated to the new patch. Now it's happened again.

Just for the record, are you talking about 2 characters on 1 account, or 2 separate accounts? If just 1, then that shouldn't have been possible in the first place. Anyway, when I tested it today with multiple accounts, I had no issues at all.

If you are not using virtual config files, then I recommend you to have a separate Freakz WoW folder for your second account. It might just solve your problem.

Metalwrath wrote:

But anyway, I put in a ticket on this to see if it was okay (the last thing I wanna do is get banned over this because I think this server and community are amazing all the way around) and the GM I spoke to said it would be okay as long as I got the characters I would be using on both accounts up to at least level 90 first.

Do you by any chance remember the name of the GM who told you that? Freakz has a history of changing (hidden) rules regarding multiboxing, but this is something I haven't read or heard about before. Did you specifically mention dungeon leveling in your ticket?

0 0

Metalwrath

[Mentally Stable]

(online 4 days ago)

Post Posted: 18-01-2019, 15:44:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It was on two seperate accounts.

I log in the first account and then log into the character. I wait for the login to finish and the game to load completely and then I log in the second account. As soon as I do that and choose the second character and the game load screen appears, the first account is almost immediately disconnected. It doesn't happen when I first log in the second account. It's not until I pick the character and the game load screen starts that the disconnect happens. That's what made me think it was a server side issue and that's why I chose to contact you guys. I'd rather be honest and respectful to the staff. I was a GM a few years back on a wrath server I played on and I already know the amount of BS you guys have to deal with.

Honestly, I wasn't sure if it was an issue with your launcher (this computer seems to have some deep seeded hatred of that thing for some odd reason) or if security had been tightened due to that guild I heard about that used hacks and exploits to gain server first awards or something (the name escapes me). You guys handled that the right way btw. Earned alot of respect from me how they were dealt with. Same way I would have handled it.

I will be happy to tell you in a message what accounts I am trying to use, as well as what app I'm using to broadcast commands to both accounts at the same time. That way we can both have the peace of mind. For you to know that I'm being legit, not trying to use any hacks or exploits that I shouldn't be and for me to know that I am not breaking any rules by anything I am trying to do.

You're welcome to message me through this site or discord either one if you need to talk to me one on one. (I think you are the one I spoke to on Discord last night. I'm Metalwrath.)

0 0

bakubakuForum

[Mentally Stable]

(online 4 hours ago)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 20-01-2019, 13:46:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

For the record, I'm a regular player, not a staff member, and it wasn't me you spoke to on Discord.

I have no idea what your problem is, but it's definitely not a server limitation.

0 0

Denim

[Sith Lord]

(online 31 min ago)

Votes: 345

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  Znk01 
Post Posted: 21-01-2019, 08:28:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Are you sure you're not having bandwidth limitation or any sort of similar issues?

Please PM me only for WoW inquiries, NO bugs in PM's.

0 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> General Discussion  

The time now is 19-02-2019, 15:20:51
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x