User
Pass
2FA
 
 

Wiping all Seasonal Rewards
Go to page 1, 2  Next    
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - MoP -> General Discussion -> Player vs Player
Author Message4654
Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]



Status: Offline
(since 04-05-2019 20:52)
Joined: 20 Dec 2013
Posts: 547, Topics: 70
Location: Sofia,Bulgaria

Reputation: 73
Votes: 39

     
Post Posted: 23-02-2017, 19:58:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I would like to suggest something that really worked on A-T realm months ago...

Basically i know that would dissapoint a lot of players,but meanwhile this will lead to drastical increase in Arena Activity overall.

So,my suggestion is to WIPE all kind of Arena titles(Gladiators,r1 Gladiators,Duelist,Rival,Challenger,Vanquisher) plus Personal Rating statistics,remove all kind of Gladiator mounts (s1,s2,s3,s4,s5,s6,s7,s8,s9,s10,s11,s12,s13,s14 flying mounts).

Literally just wipe everything that has something to do with arenas and let people start from scratch.After wiping that,reset the season and start from 1st Mists of Pandaria PvP season(malevolent) or the current (Prideful) and i'm not saying wipe the gear and start again from malevolent,what i mean by that is start with seasonal rewards from either Malevolent or Prideful.

Right now there is no interest in even fighting for any kind of rating or seasonal rewards due to the inactivity of 2v2 and 3v3.Remove Arena titles from SoloQ rewards too,that is a separate bracket and people can get any title they want just by tryharding and being patient,it is not completely skill-based bracket and you can get the places you want based on how much you play this bracket.

By doing that you will put a new beginning to PvP and people will finally be interested in climbing up the ladders.There are too many people that got titles they dont' deserve from Zohlomg's decision long time ago (ex: if you have Challenger title and you get Challenger title next season,you will then get the next rank = Rival)plus people got R1 titles from winning 1v1 event which is....just imagine how "our" server looks like to newcomers that are interested in PvP.When you're in front of Stormwind you see more "Gladiators" than players without titles....


Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8
3 1
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Allan

[The Lightbringer]



Status: Offline
(since 25-10-2018 22:59)
Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 191, Topics: 3
Location: Ukraine

Reputation: 100.4
Votes: 17

 
Post Posted: 23-02-2017, 20:06:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Lets do this boys, gogo!!1 Lets try to revive the greatest freakz e baza PVP again! -
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zohlomg

[DEFIANCE]



Status: Offline
(online 6 days ago)
Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 20867, Topics: 690
Location: ~Romania

Reputation: 8876.7
Votes: 768

 
Post Posted: 23-02-2017, 20:46:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hawtydaboss wrote:
There are too many people that got titles they dont' deserve from Zohlomg's decision long time ago.


Funny you say that, because I did exactly what you said here, wiped everything - I can still remember you moaning about my decision back then, and now you propose it.

3 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Magnus06

[Err505 Baguette Way]



Status: Offline
(since 07-06-2019 00:57)
Joined: 24 Nov 2015
Posts: 843, Topics: 71
Location: France

Reputation: 258.1
Votes: 31

Post Posted: 23-02-2017, 23:02:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Zohlomg wrote:
Hawtydaboss wrote:
There are too many people that got titles they dont' deserve from Zohlomg's decision long time ago.


Funny you say that, because I did exactly what you said here, wiped everything - I can still remember you moaning about my decision back then, and now you propose it.


That's not funny, it's mature. He changed his mind since that time, he realised it's now a good thing or maybe he's just desperate. Jk, only fools never change their mind. ^^

I'm for resets, they should be regular (monthly, tri-monthly or yearly) to always have pools of newcomers, challengers and outsiders, yadayada.

1 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]



Status: Offline
(since 19-05-2019 22:46)
Joined: 04 Aug 2013
Posts: 6513, Topics: 238
Location: Bulgaria

Reputation: 3947.4
Votes: 223

      Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 23-02-2017, 23:10:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't see this happening right now with all the hype around Legion.
This move would only upset PvP veterans and will decrease the interest in PvP rather then help.
I can assure you we have came up with ideas and decisions that will improve the gameplay for both PvP & PvE players, but you have to understand that working on 2 realms is demanding and we can't really do everything in a wink.


Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]



Status: Offline
(since 04-05-2019 20:52)
Joined: 20 Dec 2013
Posts: 547, Topics: 70
Location: Sofia,Bulgaria

Reputation: 73
Votes: 39

     
Post Posted: 24-02-2017, 00:51:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Zohlomg wrote:
Hawtydaboss wrote:
There are too many people that got titles they dont' deserve from Zohlomg's decision long time ago.


Funny you say that, because I did exactly what you said here, wiped everything - I can still remember you moaning about my decision back then, and now you propose it.


You wiped DONATED titles and lately allowed ppl from ANY pvp event receive the same rewards ( r1 title from 1v1 event..?) and lately adding that if you achieve same title u get next rank...which is the most retarded thing ever.And yes,at that time i was ok with bringing back real achieved titles,but never supported the 1v1 event ones...

@Ashcool,freakz brain level is close to average,so do you really think the best players in the world that played on AT actually left?The wrath realm was nearly dead and they brought players back that havent been seen in years...So ill take your comment as a typical Wow Freakz staff pve answer,sorry for being so direct,but im sick of your pve mindset and u never understand real pvp decisions that will revive PvP.


Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8
1 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prashanth123

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 22-08-2018 19:47)
Joined: 27 Dec 2015
Posts: 92, Topics: 28
Location: India

Reputation: 103.2
Votes: 7

Post Posted: 24-02-2017, 06:12:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Although hwatyboss' intention to revive pvp and make it more active is more than right, I don't see how wiping pvp rewards will stimulate it more...like ashcool pointed out , the hype for legion is just toooo high ( naming contest page evident) ..so any rash decision such as this will cause too much confusions regardless of pve or pvp..
Maybe hawty's suggestion could work but I don't think this is the right time though, just my personal opinion..

But yea , staff should do something to stimulate pvp on a serious note..when every class/ spec is viable , pvp isn't that great here though...
Pve is supposed to stimulate pvp through the gearing system but so weird, players don't accept pvp gears for pve here....

Maybe change the arena CP reset time to a time when it will make most players to log together and cap? Resetting at an inactive hour might also be a cause why pvp is so scattered?

1 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Magicqtz

[Do Nothing and Win]



Status: Offline
(since 04-10-2019 13:39)
Joined: 26 May 2012
Posts: 1354, Topics: 92
Location: Romania

Reputation: 110.7
Votes: 50

 
Post Posted: 24-02-2017, 12:02:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@Ashcool has a point with the legion around. Let see how these 2 realms will evolve first, i expect for freakz to bring a lot of players after years...7,7k unique votes is something.

The ideea is good.


https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/sylvanas/mostfckedup
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bossutai

[Freakazoid]



Status: Offline
(online 22 hours ago)
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 2044, Topics: 90
Location: Romania

Reputation: -62.1
Votes: 55

 
Post Posted: 24-02-2017, 13:35:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I actually don't care about my pvp titles anymore. It's quite boring to have that vengeful/merciless/brutal/vicious gladiator always... It's meaning has been lost because there are too many characters with those titles. I would vote for a wipe because that will stimulate me to make some 3v3 for rating (not just because i'm bored like now).


1 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]



Status: Offline
(since 04-05-2019 20:52)
Joined: 20 Dec 2013
Posts: 547, Topics: 70
Location: Sofia,Bulgaria

Reputation: 73
Votes: 39

     
Post Posted: 24-02-2017, 13:46:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

bossutai wrote:
I actually don't care about my pvp titles anymore. It's quite boring to have that vengeful/merciless/brutal/vicious gladiator always... It's meaning has been lost because there are too many characters with those titles. I would vote for a wipe because that will stimulate me to make some 3v3 for rating (not just because i'm bored like now).


Exactly what i want to explain here,but seems like the "legion hype" is more important...Funny how people are excited about a trash expansion anyways...All these titles lost their value and by wiping everything(except gear) will make people start grinding for something valuable,imagine how worth will be the first seasonal rewards.


Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neversac
[Banned user]


Banned


Status: Offline
(since 01-03-2017 22:14)
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Posts: 4, Topics: None
Location: Romania

Reputation: -158.9
Votes: 4

Post Posted: 24-02-2017, 14:18:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

it would be a good idea, but only for rahun's partners who got their title carried by hacks and exploits (point Cbalife) - And not only delete Rahun and Rahun's partners titles but some players obtained their title by deleting the character and renaming another char and requested the gladiator title on the second char (in lost titles topic) so they can have gladiator on multiple chars - Cronox , Rahun, kindredz .
0 2
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saturnfever

[Papa Bless]



Status: Offline
(since 20-08-2018 18:38)
Joined: 24 Feb 2016
Posts: 2909, Topics: 406
Location: Romania

Reputation: 1284.7
Votes: 171

 
Post Posted: 24-02-2017, 15:23:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I said in the other thread, where you were debating the 3v3 soloq skill level, that the pvp scene is not active and people have very low incentive to play pvp arenas, and you said that actually there are a lot of people doing arenas, and yet here you are making another thread, saying what I just said in the last thread, that people are not motivated to do arenas. Makes sense. I'll just leave it at then, since I've seen your arguing skills, and even though I like reading what the community has to say about different aspects of the game/server, I get lost in your arguments.

The problem with the PVP on Freakz, is that it has no purpose. The last straw that broke all the incentive for pvp was removing the 3v3 quest, which gave you 30 vote points, since Shocker's plan was to change the system regarding reputation points and how to trade them. The current quest is actually a joke, or better yet, an insult for still being in the game. What is it? 2000 gold for bashing my head against the keyboard with low rating, low skill, low manners in 3v3 soloq? Not worth it. And the quest for 3v3 (no soloq) is 5000 gold. No offence, but that still means nothing, since it's so hard to even play 3v3 matches.
Regarding the wiping of the titles. I don't know what that would solve. People play for certain parts of the game. Some for PVP, some for PVE, and that is their way of proving that they "acomplished" something.
The true problem is that, since there is no motivation at all to play 3v3, the same players get top ranks, season after season. I, as a casual PVP-er, can't even consider about doing 3v3s, because I know that I will only play against those people, which are in top 6 or top 9, people who play hardcore. And this is also due to the fact that the Freakz active population is diminishing, which means that its' population is not as it was during WotlK days, when you had active players doing content everyday, whereas now, a higher percentage of the players just log in to do some daily chores, maybe a BG, maybe 3-4 bosses in a raid. And yet another problem that I mentioned in the other thread was that the season has no end, which is another action killer. No end, no rewards, no motivation to play.

The 3v3 soloq was a very good idea, and thumbs up to Freakz for implementing that. It has some flaws, but it's still a good idea. Regarding the Gladiator, duelist, rival title; I think that a higher proportion of the ladder should be awarded with those titles, and even award them in 3v3 soloq, where the ladder is definitely more active. Currently those titles (achievements should be awarded too) are only awarded to top 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, of the 3v3 ladder. On retail, if i'm not mistaken, a lerger percent of the top of the ladder get those titles. Only title that made sense on freakz, percentage wise, was Gladiator, since only 3 people got it, due to the fact that 0,1% of the ladder is a very small amount, because of low participation.

So, yeah, my suggestions would be:
1. Make a system where more of the casual players can participate
2. Better organize the seasons, with a beginning, an end, rewards.
3. Think outside the box, and make a new feature (as Freakz has always presented, and no other server has: customisable rates, raid finder, soloq, group finder, achievement finder, boss timers, and others), that althoug may not be "blizzlike", it may server its' purpose on Freakz and be a welcome addition by the community.

And off-topic, concerning Legion, my opinion is that they announced it too early, without even releasing full SoO content in the MOP realm. However, the Legion hype is real, and I don't know if you noticed, but not just the PVP scene has been lacking in attention, but also the PVE one. They are focusing all there efforts towards that realm, and I'm sure it will be a success. You are right, these problems need to be adressed, but as Aschool said, the timing for them is bad.



2 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doerdy

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 11-12-2017 00:04)
Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 37, Topics: 8
Location: NO

Reputation: 22.2

Post Posted: 24-02-2017, 15:35:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Not sure why everyone talks here about legion hype. Legion will affect PvE players, but every PvP player will quit legion after a short amount of time, since legion pvp is simply braindead.

I also think that the titles in PvP have to get better organized and a wipe would actually start to higher the activity in PvP.

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Magicqtz

[Do Nothing and Win]



Status: Offline
(since 04-10-2019 13:39)
Joined: 26 May 2012
Posts: 1354, Topics: 92
Location: Romania

Reputation: 110.7
Votes: 50

 
Post Posted: 24-02-2017, 15:58:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Im not fan of Legion, im fan about smth new, but please stop drama about pvp in legion, only the final patch is the most balanced.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/sylvanas/mostfckedup
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]



Status: Offline
(since 04-05-2019 20:52)
Joined: 20 Dec 2013
Posts: 547, Topics: 70
Location: Sofia,Bulgaria

Reputation: 73
Votes: 39

     
Post Posted: 24-02-2017, 18:08:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Neversac wrote:
it would be a good idea, but only for rahun's partners who got their title carried by hacks and exploits (point Cbalife) - And not only delete Rahun and Rahun's partners titles but some players obtained their title by deleting the character and renaming another char and requested the gladiator title on the second char (in lost titles topic) so they can have gladiator on multiple chars - Cronox , Rahun, kindredz .


The only thing i got from MoP is s13 drake.And i think you are the least person to bash anyone since you wintraded with Azzet,Arahan..Every title ive gotten was from Cataclysm and just because ure low in pvp doesnt give u the permission to talk smack about highly experienced players randomboy.Lets not mention what fanboy of me u were before getting ur main char deleted from brackets in season 13 for wintrading - You kinda mess with the wrong people.


Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8
1 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - MoP -> General Discussion -> Player vs Player  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    


The time now is 12-11-2019, 21:25:56
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com

 
 
 







I forgot my password


This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x