User
Pass
2FA

Recent problem - wow doesn't open / can't connect to data source

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> General Discussion -> Launcher / starting errors / discussions
Show all posts
Author Message12857
Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(online 17 hours ago)

Votes: 825

Post Posted: 27-09-2017, 20:26:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It seems a new connection problem appeared out of a sudden. Currently the reason for this is unknown. Things that seem to happen:

• wow takes a long time to load, and when it does it shows an error like "can't connect to data source"
  • wow opens but when you try to login you get "You have been disconnected. (BLZ51914001)"

Topics on this recent problem:
UPDATE: Seems to be related to Windows 10 recent updates, no full info yet, read this post below

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook

Last edited by Shocker on 29-09-2017, 01:36:01; edited 3 times in total
0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(online 17 hours ago)

Post Posted: 27-09-2017, 22:11:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I need exact info of what does "still not working" means exactly, screenshots and such

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(online 17 hours ago)

Post Posted: 29-09-2017, 01:35:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

After some investigation, it seems to be windows 10 related, there were some win10 updates couple of days ago which messed up something connections for some applications (including wow). I think the update causing these problems is KB4040724, I've seen more complaints on google about recent win10 updates breaking some of their games/programs (not being able to connect them to the internet anymore, etc)

First thing you can try: disable automatic updates (google it or see this how to do it). After you did that, hit the start button, write "view your update history". Click on it. You should see some recents updates. Click on "Uninstall updates" you'll have a list of some recent updates installed on your computer. Search for KB4040724 => right click => Uninstall. Maybe even uninstall all other updates what were installed in the past days/weeks. After that, restart computer and see if problem still persists. I tried this solution on a win10 computer with wow connectivity problems but it didn't work, maybe the update isn't fully uninstalled or already caused the damage.

This guy said he started win10 in safe mode and he was able to login and he's right: I tested on a win10 with latest updates and wow connection problems and running in safe mode seemed to fixed the problem (however probably starting windows in safe mode is not ok). You can try it yourself: how to start win10 in safe mode, when you reach this step be sure to check NETWORK there, otherwise you won't have internet access when you restart windows.

Or... install windows 8 or windows 7 if you can. Reinstalling windows 10 won't help, it will most likely already contain all the new updates.

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(online 17 hours ago)

Post Posted: 03-10-2017, 03:53:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

waricus wrote:
i uninstalled the windows update, now im getting this error https://imgur.com/a/mc7OB, i downloaded the config file and and that error still pops up
This has NOTHING to do with the current discussion, that's just one of those errors for which you can find a solution here https://www.wow-freakz.com/legion_download, please don't spam this topic with those problems.

Regarding the actual issue, I'm afraid I still don't have any info/idea what's causing it. Out of curiosity, can anyone of you try downloading retail wow (7.3) and see if that one works? Maybe also download 7.1.5 from another pserver and see if that works

Btw, a temporary solution might be using a VPN...

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> General Discussion -> Launcher / starting errors / discussions  

The time now is 24-08-2019, 12:05:57
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x