User
Pass
2FA

My game won't stop downloading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> General Discussion
Author Message109
Ouhin

[Mentally Stable]

(since 27-05-2019 19:27)

Post Posted: 22-05-2019, 01:53:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi everyone I hope you're having a good day -

I downloaded the game from another Legion server website but then decided to play on freakz now the version of that game is 7.15 I believe.
I downloaded freakz client and started playing and the game kept downloading in the background but downloading really affects my ping.
I knew I had to download some data but I don't know how much exactly the game folder is now over 65 gigs is that normal? how much more do I need to download?
if there is a way to update my game other than doing that while playing? I don't want to download the game again since I have limited data

Thanks in advance guys

0 0

Sarah

[Helper]

(online 25 min ago)

Votes: 5

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 22-05-2019, 15:45:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello Ouhin,

A file size of 65 GB is definitely not normal, the update size from 7.1.5 to 7.2.5 is only around 1.25 GB.

It's not posssible to update the game while not playing - unless you download the whole 7.2.5 folder again, which you said you didn't want to do.

Make sure to launch the game as administrator and that the Read only property is removed from the game folder. Also make sure that you extracted the 7.2.5 launcher into the main folder of your 7.1.5 folder, not a new folder or a sub-folder. If you did that, then it will just download the whole game again.

Best regards
Sarah

0 0

Ouhin

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 22-05-2019, 17:00:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
Hello Ouhin,

A file size of 65 GB is definitely not normal, the update size from 7.1.5 to 7.2.5 is only around 1.25 GB.

It's not posssible to update the game while not playing - unless you download the whole 7.2.5 folder again, which you said you didn't want to do.

Make sure to launch the game as administrator and that the Read only property is removed from the game folder. Also make sure that you extracted the 7.2.5 launcher into the main folder of your 7.1.5 folder, not a new folder or a sub-folder. If you did that, then it will just download the whole game again.

Best regards
Sarah

Thanks for replying, how do I remove the read only thing? whenever I remove it it just goes back

0 0

Sarah

[Helper]

(online 25 min ago)

Votes: 5

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 22-05-2019, 17:00:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello again,

It doesn't go back. Removing it once is fine.

"Read only" is a property that only applies to files inside folders, folders themselves can't be or not be read only, this is why you see a filled out box instead of either an empty box or a tick. This filled out box is a default state that only exists for folders, you can only put a tick or an empty box to folders to change all the files inside them, but the folder itself will show the filled box again after. If you check the files inside the folder you'll see that none of them are set to read only.

Best regards
Sarah

1 0

Ouhin

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 22-05-2019, 17:36:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
Hello again,

It doesn't go back. Removing it once is fine.

"Read only" is a property that only applies to files inside folders, folders themselves can't be or not be read only, this is why you see a filled out box instead of either an empty box or a tick. This filled out box is a default state that only exists for folders, you can only put a tick or an empty box to folders to change all the files inside them, but the folder itself will show the filled box again after. If you check the files inside the folder you'll see that none of them are set to read only.

Best regards
Sarah

When I open the Data folder there are three folders inside : config, data,indcies and patch. Now what's interesting is the Data folder ( original one ) has files inside it around 42 gigabytes which I believe the game files I already downloaded before. And when I look inside the data folder ( the one inside the original ) I see files around 23 gigs does that mean the game is downloading from scratch again?

0 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> General Discussion  

The time now is 15-09-2019, 19:32:24
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x