User
Pass
2FA

Legion Heirlooms Aquisition and Upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> Tutorials / guides made by forum users -> Leveling
Author Message3337
Stimulation

[Inner Voice]

(online 1 day ago)

Votes: 20

Post Posted: 22-11-2018, 01:50:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello. Since I have been a witness to numerous questions regarding:
1) what are heirlooms
2) how to obtain them
3) how to upgrade them

I decided to make this short guide for all of you who wish to receive the answers for these 3 questions. So let's jump straight to it.

1. What are Heirlooms?

Heirlooms are items which can be used from the creation of your character (i.e. level 1), and then scale further with your character level, becoming more powerful in terms of stats and damage. Once purchased, they are stored into your Heirlooms tab within your Collections menu, meaning that you can create it from your collection as many times as you want. The other thing is that they increase your experience gained (either by 5, 10 or 15%), as long as you're in the level range of the item itself (for example, if your item can scale up to level 60, once you reach level 61, you will not receive the bonus experience from the heirlooms.) That is why you can choose to either replace your heirlooms when you reach the max level, or upgrade your heirlooms so that they can scale even past level 60. In Legion, they can scale up to level 100. Since 7.2.5 however, heirlooms can scale further, up to level 110.

2. How to obtain Heirlooms?

In Legion, you can mainly obtain Heirlooms via vendors. There are three options here: 1) Guild Vendor, 2) Heirloom Curator, and 3) Mark of Honor vendor.
2.1. Guild Vendor. The guild vendor is located in each of the major cities for both factions.

A) Alliance:
Stormwind: Shay Pressler
Darnassus: Velia Moonbow
The Exodar: Nuri
Ironforge: Steeg Haskell

B) Horde:
Orgrimmar: Goram
Undercity: Kim Horn
Silvermoon City: Larissia
Thunder Bluff: Randah Songhorn

2.2. Heirloom Curator. The heirloom curator (or vendor) for each faction is located in:
Alliance - Ironforge: Krom Stoutarm
Horde - Undercity Estelle Gendry

2.3. Mark of Honor vendor. You can purchase heirlooms from these vendors for Marks of Honor instead of Gold. Those vendors are:
Horde: Galra
Stone Guard Mukar

Alliance: Liliana Emberfrost
Knight Dameron

2.4. At Freakz, there is also an option to purchase heirlooms via the vote shop:

You can find them at the Heirlooms option in the vote rewards menu:

*Note: Be careful when choosing a heirloom from the vote shop, because as it can be seen in the description, some of them will NOT be added to your collection, meaning that you will not be able to use them on your alt characters, but just the one which you've sent it to.

3. How to upgrade heirlooms?
Upgrading heirlooms is relatively easy to do. All you need is to have the heirloom in your collection, then you need a certain amount of gold or Marks of Honor. Upgrading them requires two items, one for each level of upgrade. In Legion, there are two levels: further scaling up to level 90, and further scaling up to level 100. Since 7.2.5. heirlooms can scale further, up to level 110, and require an additional item to be purchased.

A non-upgraded heirloom item will scale up to level 60. After that, it will not increase it's stats nor give you bonus experience. You can upgrade it to level 1 by using an Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing (for armors, trinkets, rings, shields, and off-hands), and an Ancient Heirloom Scabbard (for weapons). Once you purchase one of these items, you can right-click on it, and it will direct you to your heirlooms collection, where you can choose which heirloom to upgrade (the available heirlooms will be highlighted as seen in the picture):

Then, after you have chosen your desired heirloom to be upgraded, it's stats will be increased, depending on the level which your character has reached:

Once you have reached the maximum level for the heirloom, but you wish to upgrade it more, you can do so by using a Timeworn Heirloom Armor Casing (for armors, trinkets, rings, shields, and off-hands), and a Timeworn Heirloom Scabbard (for weapons). Once you purchase one of these items, you right-click on it, and it will direct you to your heirlooms collection, where you can choose heirlooms, which are suitable for further upgrade (those ones which have already received an upgrade up to level 90).
Once you have upgraded your heirloom a second time, it's stats will be increased further, again depending on the level of your character:

Since 7.2.5. came out, heirlooms received an upgrade, and that is, scaling further! Yes, you can now upgrade your heirlooms to level 110. How does that work? The same way you upgraded them to level 100. You need to have your heirloom of choice upgraded to level 2 first before upgrading it to level 3. Then, you need either Weathered Heirloom Armor Casing (for armors, trinkets, rings, shields, and off-hands), or Weathered Heirloom Scabbard (for weapons). Once you purchase one of these, you right-click to use them, then it will redirect you to your heirlooms collection, highlighting the items that are suitable to upgrade (ones that are already upgraded to level 2).
And yet again, once upgraded, the stats will be increased further, depending on your level from 101 to 110:

*Note: Since you will most probably have your artifact weapons acquired at level 98, it is highly recommended that you DO NOT upgrade your heirloom weapons to 110, simply because you will most probably use your artifact weapons instead of heirloom ones, and upgrading them is practically a waste of resources.

In conclusion, I can say that buying and upgrading heirlooms will definitely help you if you wish to make your leveling life easier and more pleasant.

I hope this guide helps you in your future heirloom endeavours. Happy upgrading!

I will make any corrections to the guide in connection to the upcoming patch and keep it up to date.
Update (03.01.2019): I have updated the guide to be accurate with patch 7.2.5.

Subtlety Rogue Guide
3 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> Tutorials / guides made by forum users -> Leveling  

The time now is 18-08-2019, 22:31:57
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x