User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [Mage][Frost] Glacial Spike should be enabled after last Frostbolt cast

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> Bug Report -> Fixed bugs
Show only staff posts
Author Message620
k0s

[Developer]

(online 8 hours ago)

Votes: 194

Post Posted: 09-02-2018, 04:34:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=76613
Bug description: Icicles should proc on cast not on hit.
Proof: https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZTHWp2YGn4U&t=556:

9:15

0 0

Quicksand

[WoW Dev]

(online 23 hours ago)

Votes: 184

Post Posted: 09-02-2018, 04:39:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Not possible. Damage is not yet calculated, it would mean to rewrite the entire logic behind procs. So even if you confirm it, I'll tell you now, this will never be fixed
0 0

Pinocchio Evreiesc

[Mentally Stable]

(online 4 hours ago)

Votes: 34

Post Posted: 09-02-2018, 21:37:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

But you can clearly see that guy in the video gets his icicles when frostbolt reaches dummy and deals damage not when he finishes frostbolt cast. It really is impossible any other way because an icicle is created by storing damage from frostbolt, how can it store damage and be created if frostbolt has not done damage to the target yet (at the end of a cast).

That would mean making frostbolt deal damage instantaneously at the end of cast and let travel time be just visual and that is definitely not blizzlike. Icicles are fine as they are now with this once small exception for glacial spike.

Here's mrrobot:

Quote:

Triggers
Type - Spell Hit
Guaranteed? - Yes
Filter
Whitelist -Frostbolt

I can see what you mean though, on retail he is able to cast Glacial Spike as soon as he finishes casting the 5th frostbolt that creates the 5th icicle, before it lands on dummy, even though on retail also the icicles are created when frostbolt hits target/deals damage. Yes on freakz its inconvenient because you have to do a 6th frostbolt to make up for the 5th one's travel time (i have played glacial spike recently for the meme crits) but i dont think its worth the hassle, unless there is a workaround for this that doesnt involve massive changes for the entire proc system. No idea how retail handles that 5th frostbolt/icicle that allows mages to instantly cast glacial spike before the 5th icicle is generated...

I mean its very clear in the video (watch at slower speed if you want), first 4 icicles are generated normally when frostbolt hits target but the 5th one is generated instantly at end of frostbolt cast. Not sure if there is a way to implement that here.

0 0

Quicksand

[WoW Dev]

(online 23 hours ago)

Votes: 184

Post Posted: 10-02-2018, 05:07:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Now I see what you mean, yes.

I've made some tests on retail: in case you don't select Glacial Spike as your last tier talent, you'll always generate icicles when frostbolt land, even the 5th one.
If you have Glacial Spike, you get the enabler as soon as you finished your 5th Frostbolt cast (4th if you have 3 icicles and Ice Nine procs), and the given Frost Bolt did not miss.

Implemented it the same

1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Quicksand, 10 February 2018 04:07

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> Bug Report -> Fixed bugs  

The time now is 20-10-2018, 22:38:38
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x