User
Pass
2FA

[EN] Retribution Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.1.5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> Class-related discussion -> Paladin
Author Message7035
Flashmoo

[Skill Capped]

(online 6 hours ago)

Votes: 108

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 26-07-2018, 15:36:52 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Retribution Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.1.5 | Own PoV

1.Introduction

Hello everybody,

My in-game name is Meow, I'm playing since wotlk on a lot of servers and on this server I was in 2-3 cool guilds with several wins at pve events and a lot of realm first.

This is a retribution pve guilde focused on dps. I will give tips & tricks about how to do a clear rotation in order to never look on your spells bar, what to do at some bosses from any dungeon and raid if you can do more than dmg, where to focus your eyes when you are only doing your rotation, what stats are the best and why, what legendary are the best and why, what addons to use in order to have an easier life, what macros to use in order to save time and Q/A.

Those being said, let's begin!

2.Race

Only 5 races can be played by a paladin:

• Draenei, Dwarf, Human at the Alliance.
  • Blood Elf, Tauren at the Horde.

Alliance

Draenei

• Heroic Presence - Increase strength, agility, and intellect by 425 at lvl 110.
  • Gift of the Naaru - Heals the friendly target for 20% of the caster's total health over 5 seconds. 40 yard range. 3 minute cooldown.
  • Shadow Resistance - Reduces Shadow damage taken by 1%.

Dwarf

• Might of the Mountain - Critical Strike damage and healing increased by 2%.
  • Stoneform - Removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects and reduces all physical damage taken by 10% for 8 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
  • Frost Resistance - Reduces Frost damage taken by 1%.

Human

• The Human Spirit - You gain 2% more from all secondary stats "Haste, Crit, Mastery, Versatility" from all sources.
  • Every Man for Himself - Remove all stun effects has a 2 minute cooldown, shares a 30 second cooldown similar effects (trinkets).

Horde

Blood Elf

• Arcane Acuity - Increases critical strike chance by 1%.
  • Arcane Torrent - Silence all enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds and restore 1 Holy Power, 1.5 minute cooldown.
  • Arcane Resistance - Reduces Arcane damage taken by 1%.

Tauren

• Brawn - Critical strike damage and healing increased by 2%.
  • War stomp - Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds with 0.5 second cast time and 1.5 minute cooldown.
  • Endurance - Increases your stamina by 1283 at lvl 110.

Top races order by dps:

1. Blood Elf
  2. Human
  3. Tauren = Dwarf
  4. Draenei

Tips & Tricks:
With the Arcane Torrent you can generate 1 holy power and while you have Crusade you can do 15 stacks faster.

I personally like more the Tauren race, so play what you like the most.

3.Talents

In order to understand what talents to use in a encounter you have to read the tooltype and read what is the priority for single and multiple targets.

Tier 1:

• Final Verdict - For multiple targets this is the best talent and if you are using WotN this is also the best for single target.
  • Execution Sentence - If you are not using WotN, this is the best talent for single target.
  • Consecration - It should be used for 12+ targets, but is useless.

Tier 2:

• The Fires of Justice - For multiple targets this is the best talent and if you are using WotN this is also the best for single target.
  • Zeal - If you are not using WotN, this is the best talent for single target.
  • Greater Judgment - Use this talent only for +4 targets.

Tier 3:

• Fist of Justice - If you need to do a lot of CC in dungeon / M+ use this talent.
  • Repetance - If you need to avoid pulling mobs in dungeon / M+ use this talent.
  • Blinding Light - If you need to interrupt multiple targets and do some dmg use this talent.

Tier 4:

Tier 5:

Tier 6:

• Divine Intervention - From my point of view, this is a life saver and ofc the best talent in this tier, but take in consideration that there are encounters where this will not save you.
  • Cavalier - If you need mobility and you know that there is nothing that can kill you, take this talent.
  • Judgment of Light - The heal is really useless, don't use this talent.

Tier 7:

• Divine Purpose - Is a RNG talent, useful only on +4 targets with Greater Judgment. Also is useful with Draught of Souls.
  • Crusade - The best talent for PvE, nothing to comment.
  • Holy Wrath - The dmg is useless, don't use this talent.

Talents builds:

*To mentioned: Blade of Wrath is not working at this moment on Freakz, so use for single target the talents for multiple targets and if you don't have WotN, use Execution Sentence.

Talents single target:
    Spoiler:

Talents single target with WotN:
    Spoiler:

Talents for +2 targets:
    Spoiler:

Talents for +4 targets:
    Spoiler:

4.Artifact

5.Rotation

The rotation is not the easiest (comparing with other classes Hunter/DH/Warrior, if you know what I mean :v).
In order to do high dmg you have to bind all you spells, know what are the priorities to generate and consume HP and know what is the burst rotation.

Before you are about to start the encounter, try to use potion and SoV in order to reuse potion in combat and to also do dmg with SoV and DH if you are using in that fight.

6.Stats

• The main stat is Strength, you are getting this stat from almost all your gear.

• Secondary stats priority:

Haste (+12.5%) > Critical > Versatility > Mastery

• Secondary stats priority with WotN:

Haste (+25%) > Critical > Versatility > Mastery

Tips & Tricks:

*To be mentioned: +12.5% or +25% means that you need to have at least 12.5% or 25% in order to do your sustain dmg properly, this is a minimum request. If you have more haste is not the end of the world, but you will see that is useless.

*Critical is the most useful secondary stat because we are using in special Faulty Countermeasure, Draught of Souls, Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish, Might of Krosus, Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid, Mark of the Distant Army & Mark of the Hidden Satyr, where all of those benefit from our Critical.

*Do not use anything with mastery, example: 1% Critical > 2%Versatility > 10% Mastery. Focus on gear with: Haste + Critical.

7.Gems, Enchants & Consumables

8.BiS Gear

Spoiler:

9.Macro & Addons

Spoiler:

10.Last Tips & Tricks

Thank you!

Retribution Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.1.5

Last edited by Flashmoo on 11-09-2018, 11:32:23; edited 1 time in total
20 0

jewllr

[Mentally Stable]

(online 2 weeks ago)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 29-08-2018, 18:33:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nice guide! Thanks for the tips.

1 0

Flashmoo

[Skill Capped]

(online 6 hours ago)

Votes: 108

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 10-09-2018, 14:56:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you, @jewllr!

I'm going to update this guide monthly based on what is happening on the server.

- 6k players on server -> lag -> we have to change our stats in order to have a better rotation/dps.
- I'm going to change the BiS gear with all the items that you can get by playing, not by buying.
- I'm going to add more Tips & Tricks.

I've updated the guide!

- added 2 new rotations + all from above

Retribution Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.1.5

0 0

Cosmin050895

[Class Leader]

(online 1 day ago)

Votes: 26

Post Posted: 16-09-2018, 09:31:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Periculos rau guide-ul asta, Meow. Ma face sa vreau sa-l cresc pe "Buryourpain." -

Good job tho, am facut si eu guide pentru DK Unholy & Frost PvP si stiu ca necesita timp si rabdare.

HKP e baza!

Exorcizare Gets 100.000 Honorable Kills
Exorcizare Movies Cataclysm 4.3.4

1 0

Visan15

[Ambassador]

(online 3 hours ago)

Votes: 65

Post Posted: 13-11-2018, 15:09:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Pacat ca nu am reputatie , a avut cineva grija de mine -

Super guide ! -

1 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> Class-related discussion -> Paladin  

The time now is 20-02-2019, 04:02:56
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x